Thursday, April 26, 2007

And You May Ask Yourself

How did I get here? Today I had a chance to try and explain my random walk to physics at a Career Panel held at CCNY. I was one of four speakers, the others being Rachel Connolly, Manager of Astrophysics Education at the Rose Center for Earth and Space, American Museum of Natural History, Joshua Spodek, Entrepreneurial Physicist (of linear zoetrope fame -- dig his news coverage), and Christina Tosti, Biomedical Engineer at Columbia. We had a great audience of about 40-50 CCNY students and staff, and about 90 minutes to share our stories, which had more than a few surprising wrinkles (major changes, aborted degrees, stints in the navy...). But I think it was fun for everyone there to see how our various choices got us to places we liked, and jobs we enjoyed.

My slides are online, posted here.

No comments: