Friday, October 13, 2006

Pixelization of the Landscape

Now that experts have discovered where the deadly E Coli comes from, I wanted to get the big picture. And that comes from Google Maps of course. What blew my mind about this satellite view of the Salinas valley was the stark contrast betwen the green mountainous regions to the northeast and southwest, and the complete parcelling out of the fertile land in the valley. I first thought the satellite image had been tampered with until it became obvious that the pixelization was man-made, on gargantuan scales. Nothing incredibly deep here, but the contrast surprised me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this a Problem in Your Area

Wow What is going on with all these homes with severe mold problems. I cant believe the problems we are having in our homes today. It has always been here. ask about Black Mold